18 October 2018 (local applicants only please)
Operations Manager and Event Planner
Amberlee Receptions is embarking on what may be an exciting growth phase and this represents an opportunity for a Business / Operations Manager to increase revenue. You will be responsible for the day to day operation of the function's areas, including supervising and participation in the running of each function, combined with promoting our function facilities and events. The right candidate will also have a background in sales and dealing with mainly brides but also other clients.
Our Venue caters for all functions including weddings, engagement, birthday parties, right through to Corporate functions. We have the facilities to cater for up to 300 people, therefore your organisation skills need to be exceptional.
Amberlee Receptions is a small, but demanding business with tremendous opportunities for growth which you will play a key role in;
- Following up enquires via phone and email with potential clients is a very important part of the role, as is converting enquiries to sales.
- You will also have the ability to creatively structure and plan events successfully to achieve sales targets and budgets.
- Lead all F&B employees to achieve optimum service delivery (in cost)
- Maintaining of systems and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant government legislations
- Reports to Directors / Shareholders
- Lead, mentor and engage your team – and ensure user, site and guest safety. Ensure your team are meeting Customer Service requirements
- Be an energizing and inspiring team leader who gets the best out of others, and always strives to exceed customer expectations
- Ensure that the work is carried out in line with clearly defined procedures and guidelines, and work in a well-organized manner
- Achievement of Amberlee receptions safety targets by developing and maintaining a safety focused culture
- Ensuring compliance to statutory and policy requirements
- Ensuring strong financial performance through revenue growth, Customer Service and Function repetition and cost management
- Develop and maintain customer satisfaction –Ensure all guest are looked after
- Weekly / Monthly reporting and forecasting
Your Responsibilities will include but are not limited to sales and marketing;
- Social media posts and advertising graphics
- Sales appointments and promotion of venue to potential clients
- Event enquires and follow up, converting to sales
- Keeping the online calendar up to date and accurate on a daily basis
- Coordinate event set up and pack down
- Customer service and relationship building with our patrons.
Event administration including documenting of all transactions and preparing reports for our accounts department using Excel and Word.
- Preparation of accurate and detailed run sheets
- Invoicing and receiving and processing deposits and payments
- Liaising with our Head Chefs and staff.
We are looking for someone with strong commercial acumen and stakeholder management skills – a passion for delivering positive outcomes for your customers and for Amberlee Receptions. The role will suit a Leader with a collaborative and hands on approach – someone who has a genuine passion for what their people are doing and mentoring them. You will need to be passionate with high energy levels and resilience to succeed in this role.
Are you the one?
- Strong leadership skills – the ability to engage, mentor and motivate
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer / stakeholder engagement skills
- Financial knowledge and business acumen
- Relevant experience gained within the service industry
- Highly motivated with ability to work as part of team
- Competent computer skills and drivers licence – ability to travel within the region
- Ability to priorities and systematically address business needs
- Putting Customer Needs first and building long term relationships with guest
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- A proven track record in functions sales and marketing including wedding sales
- Be capable of recommending and implementing marketing initiatives
- Have exceptional knowledge of food and beverage service and experience in managing functions
- The ability to work flexible hours including days/nights and weekends
- Fantastic communications skills, a positive attitude and a willingness to create a fantastic experience for all of our guests
- Attention to detail and be highly organized
The salary is to be paid as an employee including Super and Tax Withheld as per government requirements. Salary indication will be anywhere between $50,000 to $70,000 depending on the candidates experience.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org